Are you hungry for more responsibility and a role to grow and excel in as a key member? Join the SAVVI team!
We’re on a mission to democratize financial advice and we need your help to scale and grow our product to meet the demand we're experiencing. Do you like solving complex problems with the latest technologies in a collegial environment? Would you thrive in a rapidly growing business where opportunities abound for the motivated? If yes, let’s talk!
SAVVI Financial is a digital financial advice platform which gives our customers a personalized roadmap to achieve their financial goals and the turn-by-turn directions to stay on track. We're looking for an experienced Python engineer to be a core contributor to our personal financial planning and management platform at our Waltham, MA office.
You will be responsible for the server side of our web and mobile applications. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a back-end developer, you’ll engineer system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable API endpoints that make our user's lives better.
Our backend tech stack:
- Python 3 (aiohttp, asyncpg, pytest)
- AWS (CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront)
As a backend engineer you'll be:
- Developing new API endpoints with unit tests in Python 3
- Writing SQL queries, functions and triggers in PostgreSQL
- Collaborating with product team in product discovery and delivery
- Performing both automated and manual quality assurance testing
- Enhancing CloudFormation-driven AWS deployment infrastructure
- Doing everything you do with a security-first mindset
- Refactoring and improving existing code
Some skills we think you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Proven ability with Python 3 with an understanding of core asyncio principles
- Expertise in RESTful Web APIs
- Proficient in SQL and able/willing to work directly with PostgreSQL instead of through an ORM
- Understanding of application security, threat models, and threat mitigation techniques
- Experience with AWS services and, ideally, infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation
- Familiarity with Docker and orchestration platforms like AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Comfortable working with Git and GitHub or GitLab
- Able to understand product objectives and translate them into technical requirements
- Able to work independently and creatively while actively collaborating with front-end developers and product designers
- A knack for solving problems and debugging
- Excellent communication skills
About SAVVI Financial
We are MIT-trained, Ph.D. mathematicians, engineers and data scientists, specializing in quantitative finance, applied analytics, and robust optimization. For over 20 years our core team has applied our expertise to solve real-world problems in the areas of finance, healthcare, and transportation systems. At SAVVI, we focus all of our academic expertise, our portfolio management experience, and the major advancements in algorithmic models and computational processing to solve the incredible and complex challenge of personal financial decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study
- 4 years software engineering experience
- Willing and able to work on-site in our Waltham, MA office
- Medical and dental
- Retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional development support
- Onsite fitness membership
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)